Eggs on day 22 help!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by elsfieldchickens, Feb 3, 2015.

1. elsfieldchickens

elsfieldchickens Chillin' With My Peeps

My chicken eggs are on day 22 and nothing has happened no cheeping no piping.
    What should I do?

2. AmericanMom

AmericanMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2013
    Oregon
    If there are no pips candle them... I have had the same problem and its disappointing but then sometimes I have candled and was able to see that a few were still ok..

3. elsfieldchickens

All the eggs are good and have chicks in

4. AmericanMom

AmericanMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2013
    Oregon
    You candled today? Do you see movement? Sometimes a temperature reduction can delay the hatch, if you were able to see chicks moving around then I would leave them alone..

5. Egghead_Jr

Egghead_Jr Overrun With Chickens

Oct 16, 2010
    NEK, VT
    I agree your temp was a tad low and to let em be. Also you may have miscounted the days. If today (Tues.) is day 22 then you would have set them on a Monday.

6. elsfieldchickens

I set them on a Monday morning.
    I havnt candled them yet today.

7. AmyLynn2374

AmyLynn2374 Humidity Queen

Oct 11, 2014
    Gouverneur, NY
    Just remember 21 is just an average, and yes, slightly cooler average temps can cause a day or two delay. There is nothing you can do without jeapardizing the chicks to help them at this point. It's just a wait and see when incubating eggs. My first hatch was a bust with my only survivor hatching day 23/24. My next hatch half pipped day 19 and hatched day 20 the rest hatched by the end of day 21. A lot of variables, so don't give up. Give them a couple days past "hatch day" before you get too worried.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by