Eggs on tray during lockdown

ILikeChickenNuggets

Songster
5 Years
Mar 25, 2019
Hello!
My eggs are going on lockdown later today, but theyre placed on a tray in the incubator, so there is a space between the eggs and the flat bottom of the incubator. Should they be removed from the tray and onto the bottom or can they hatch like that?

Hello!
My eggs are going on lockdown later today, but theyre placed on a tray in the incubator, so there is a space between the eggs and the flat bottom of the incubator. Should they be removed from the tray and onto the bottom or can they hatch like that?
By tray do you mean turner? there should be no gaps for hatchlings to get stuck in causing injury. I would remove that tray if there is gaps, laying eggs on floor of incubator.

By tray do you mean turner? there should be no gaps for hatchlings to get stuck in causing injury. I would remove that tray if there is gaps, laying eggs on floor of incubator.
Okay thank you, I just removed them from the tray. This is in the middle of lockdown though, and putting them on the floor made them roll around a bit. I hope it didn't do any harm to them.

Back
Top Bottom