Eggs rolled around in lock down

buttertart

Songster
Mar 23, 2017
Callander, ON, Canada
I know you are not supposed to do anything during lock down, but.... my automatic humidity humidikit is in the top of the incubator. I saw it was dripping in that location landing on eggs, causing them to actually wet and water between them where they were touching. So in my effort to just gently giggle a little to get them away from the area of the drip I pretty much rolled all the eggs in some way. Not hard or anything but still they moved. Its the morning of day 20.... Has anyone had this happen and chicks still hatch. I know not to open the incubator. This is my second time at hatch attempt. Using a hova-bator 1588 with the humidikit. I have temp now at 99 and humidity currently at around 66.
Thank you for any advice.

Opening the incubator is fine..... don't fret. If you have to go in there and do something, just do it. I did it with mine, all of them hatched minus 1 little guy who didn't make it but that wasn't due to me always opening the incubator.

but its okay then that they rolled ? They are moved now away from the drip... They are sitting close to the edge of incubator now... I am wondering if I should open and move them back into the middle...

but its okay then that they rolled ? They are moved now away from the drip... They are sitting close to the edge of incubator now... I am wondering if I should open and move them back into the middle...
Yes, the rolling it's probably fine as long as none rolled hard enough to crack a shell.
I'd fix the drip tho.

Back
Top Bottom