Eggs shipped from NC to North Pole Updated 3/28/10 Post 6

hollyandty

Songster
12 Years
Jun 3, 2009
North Pole, Alaska
I am so eggsited. I got a call at noon my time telling me my eggs from greenfamilyfarms in North Carolina were here. I went to town and picked them up as fast as I could. They are now sitting in the tray getting acclimated and will be in the Sportsman by tonight. Great packing job. Only had on small crack on one egg. Waxed it up so we’ll see how it goes.
33315_hpim0878.jpg

33315_hpim0874.jpg

Last edited:
OMG!!!! That's so amazing! I can't wait to see how they hatch.
wee.gif

That's the most distance that any of my baby's eggs have traveled. I'm so glad to see that they arrived in good shape.

Thanks Brenda. I set the eggs in the Sportsman around 8 pm on 3/10 so I have them down for a 3/31 hatch. I am hoping to use these chicks to improve and replace my hatchery stock. So I am keeping everything that hatches from this bunch.

I am in such a pickle right now.
he.gif
I have found a new egg buyer that pays well and can take everything I can get to him but my crew has decided to slack off. I can't get enough eggs to sell or to incubate. Just 10 eggs out of 28 hens today. My Nov 11 pullets should start laying next month but that doesn't help me now.
idunno.gif
Only one hen is broody and no one is molting. I have been using the Cayenne Pepper in the feed and have seen the worms in the droppings so maybe that has something to do with it.

Oh well tomorrow is another day.

On a positive note, I have sold all of my chicks so far this year even my roos.
yippiechickie.gif

Candled for the last time today. Out of the 15 eggs only 3 were clear.
wee.gif
The cracked egg looks good. Locked down 12 eggs.....will update again when they hatch.

Yes, please update. I know people do it all of the time but I find it amazing how far eggs can go and still be viable.
smile.png

yes, it will be very interesting to see how your hatch rate turns out! i'm hatching 8 showgirl eggs on the 31st. i set them only one hour before you set yours.

Back
Top Bottom