Eggs that haven’t hatched yet

sschicks1245

Hatching
Jul 13, 2020
If eggs are past their hatch date (I know you aren’t supposed to candle after lock down) and upon being candled no longer show veins does this mean they are dead? I have 2 bobwhite quail eggs that were supposed to hatch yesterday and show no signs of hatching or pipping.

If eggs are past their hatch date (I know you aren’t supposed to candle after lock down) and upon being candled no longer show veins does this mean they are dead? I have 2 bobwhite quail eggs that were supposed to hatch yesterday and show no signs of hatching or pipping.
Are the eggs drawn down?
You watched closely in the air cell for movement?

I open my incubator during lockdown in candle eggs hourly.

Did you only set these two eggs or have the rest of the eggs hatched already?
Do you have at least one calibrated thermometer in your incubator?

These are just the first eggs reaching their hatch date. I have 25 more that haven't hatched yet.

Are the eggs drawn down?
You watched closely in the air cell for movement?

I open my incubator during lockdown in candle eggs hourly.
I'm sorry I'm new to this, so I'm not sure what drawn down means. I have 1 male and 1 female bobwhite quail that are regularly laying eggs, and I've been collecting them and putting them in an incubator. It is difficult to adjust temperature/humidity or completely lockdown at 18 days because each egg is from a different day. Currently the temp is 100 and the humidity at 65%. I have 25 eggs total so far. 2 eggs were supposed to hatch on the 11th and 2 eggs were supposed to hatch yesterday. I candled them before they went into lockdown and all were fertile with veins and a visible moving embryo, but they haven't hatched. They haven't even pipped yet. I've done lots of research, but this is my first time incubating eggs. Every website says a different humidity to use and also my eggs are on their sides (not big side up like some websites say) because I have been hand turning them 5x a day until "lockdown". I have also been so careful not to contaminate them.

(this was from a different thread, but this is basically all the info)

Back
Top Bottom