EGGS!!!!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Heather08, Dec 22, 2008.

1. Heather08

Heather08 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2008
    Florida
    Does anyone get wierd odd ball eggs now and then, I call them tie-dye eggs,, starts out brown on one half then goes to very light brown almost white, then a very light brown egg with dark brown spots. SOme very "hip" chicks [​IMG] I will get some pics when they come out again. Tie dyes happen often, Id like to find the offender.

2. Skip

Skip Chillin' With My Peeps

My advice is, watch the hens lay to find out who's doing it. If you don't have time, set up a security camera so you can find out. I have a hen that lays these almost red eggs with dark brown spots. They're so cool!

I would recommend waiting around while your hens lay. You don't have to watch them all the time, you can usually tell by which hen was on the nest last and which egg is the warmest.

3. crazy hen quartet

crazy hen quartet Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 20, 2008
    Chandler AZ
    One of my EE lays cream colored eggs, but every once in a while I will get one out of her that has pretty dark brown spots all over it. And occasionally we will get one that is an elongated oval instead of egg shaped, it's weird!

The brown to light brown/white sounds really cool! Post some pics sometime if you can, I'd love to see those.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by