EGGS?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by shangri-lafarms, Apr 26, 2009.

1. shangri-lafarms

shangri-lafarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2008
    NY-Upstate Adirondacks
    I did my annual cleaning of the coop and all chicken bins . Set up new nests, my chickens haven't been laying at least if they have it is not in the coop. So I've locked them in this morning to encourage laying in the coop. At what time does everyone else chickens get their eggs? I'm wondering when at what time of the day they will lay so I may let them range a little bit. Thanks, everyone here always has great advice.

2. Poulets De Cajun

Poulets De Cajun Overrun With Chickens

Depends on your chicken, not all birds lay at the same time. I have some birds that are morning layers, others are afternoon, and still some are evenings. Some just give me the finger and dont lay at all....

Last edited: Apr 26, 2009
  3. aberfitch

aberfitch Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2008
    Texas Fort Worth
    Mine lay mid day. it just depends on each bird I think

4. ChickBond 007

ChickBond 007 Licensed to Cull

Feb 26, 2009
    Madison County, Iowa
    Quote:[​IMG]

5. shangri-lafarms

Apr 24, 2008
    NY-Upstate Adirondacks
    Thanks [​IMG]

6. Rufflemyfeathers

Rufflemyfeathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 20, 2008
    Astatula Florida
    I only so far have 3 or 4 chickens laying, I usually get one egg or two in mid morning and go back mid afternoon and there is a couple more and always check at evening and never find any then..

7. shangri-lafarms

Apr 24, 2008
    NY-Upstate Adirondacks
    I got an egg at 930, my first one...Yeah..brown with no poop it's a beauty [​IMG]

8. Chicken Dave

Chicken Dave Out Of The Brooder

Jun 19, 2008
    Tyngsborough, MA
    I usually get my eggs after I feed the hens in the morning but theres always one or two that lay at night. Sometimes after I clean my coop the chickens lay the eggs on the floor but after a day they lay in the boxes again.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by