EGGS?

shangri-lafarms

Songster
11 Years
Apr 24, 2008
NY-Upstate Adirondacks
I did my annual cleaning of the coop and all chicken bins . Set up new nests, my chickens haven't been laying at least if they have it is not in the coop. So I've locked them in this morning to encourage laying in the coop. At what time does everyone else chickens get their eggs? I'm wondering when at what time of the day they will lay so I may let them range a little bit. Thanks, everyone here always has great advice.

Depends on your chicken, not all birds lay at the same time. I have some birds that are morning layers, others are afternoon, and still some are evenings. Some just give me the finger and dont lay at all....

Last edited:
Quote:
yuckyuck.gif

I only so far have 3 or 4 chickens laying, I usually get one egg or two in mid morning and go back mid afternoon and there is a couple more and always check at evening and never find any then..

I usually get my eggs after I feed the hens in the morning but theres always one or two that lay at night. Sometimes after I clean my coop the chickens lay the eggs on the floor but after a day they lay in the boxes again.

Back
Top Bottom