eggs

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by artsy1, Dec 5, 2011.

1. artsy1

artsy1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 5, 2011
    sarasota
    I am amazed at how many people I know, don't like or eat aggs.
    I love them, but I only love mine or in a pinch the organic free-range ones.
    I have people come by and ask them if they want some, most people say no. I keep everything really clean, and have a really nice small flock, they are sweet and loving, our pets.
    Really find it amazing that people rather eat c#*p then real food.

2. Nicola

Nicola Chook Cuddlin' Aussie

Feb 23, 2009
    ACT
    2 out of the 3 people in my house don't eat eggs because they are intolerant to them, and don't like the flavor of plain eggs. [​IMG] I'm stuck figuring out uses for them, mainly baking.. or making Quiche...mmm. [​IMG]

3. luvinmychickens

luvinmychickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2011
    Ohio
    I LOVE eggs! [​IMG] I get normally 5 a day

4. TinaK

TinaK Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2010
    Australia
    I love eggs too! But I understand those that don't like the taste of them... but there are some strange people out there that think they are dirty, etc etc....

Nothing better than fresh eggs IMO!!

Those that don't want your eggs don't deserve them! More for you [​IMG]

5. spacecowgirl

spacecowgirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2011
    I agree with above post. More for you!

I have lots of people requesting eggs because I have chickens (only two laying so far) and we have only accumulated a whole dozen at one time twice so far, because we eat them so quickly. ( we are a family of four )...I'm afraid our friends think we are being stingy, but, really, we still have to buy store bought eggs on occasion! (yuck!!!)...and we only have one more hen who is yet to lay, so we won't have enough to spread around unless we get a lot more chickens!

I feel kinda bad that we can't supply everyone with eggs, but two laying hens can only do so much... None of our friends have ever seemed grossed out by them, though; they've sampled their tastiness at our house so if we ever do get more chickens (fingers crossed) I don't think anyone will turn their nose up at their eggs!

6. ozark_chickies

ozark_chickies Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2011
    Arkansas
    I don't like the taste of eggs, any eggs. I have 30 laying age hens though, and sell eggs.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by