1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

eggs

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by 11langenkamp_w, Aug 27, 2008.

1. 11langenkamp_w

11langenkamp_w Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 23, 2008
    sidney, ohio
    How much do i sell my eggs for because im selling them for a $1.50 a dozen but maybe it just takes a while. I also listed them on craigs list and best farm buys.

2. Bi0sC0mp

Bi0sC0mp Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2008
    Raiford,FLA
    fresh eggs now a days are ruuning around $2 and up also depends alot of the demand for fresh eggs in your area

3. chicksgalore

chicksgalore Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2008
    Don't know where you're located but I don't think you should have any trouble getting $1.50. I'm assuming you have a sign up? And I don't know how long it's been up but speaking from experience...just be patient for a little while. For some reason, it seems like people need to look at the sign quite a few times as they drive by it before they actually stop. And many times now I've heard "I've been passing by and wanting to stop..." Time as always is an issue. You should soon get some customers!!

4. vfem

vfem Yoga...The Chicken Pose

Aug 4, 2008
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    I get a Dz EE eggs locally for $2.50... they usually ask $3. I just like to stop regularly. [​IMG]

5. TeaLady

TeaLady Out Of The Brooder

May 9, 2008
    Issaquah
    Here in King County I have a friend who sells free-range eggs for $4.50 / dz. He sells 20 dz. a week & could sell more if he had them. Your mileage may vary -- King County has Seattle & Redmond (think Microsoft), and everything costs more. Also folks here are really serious about organic & natural.

6. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

We have people waiting for our hens to start laying and they are all going to be paying 3 bucks a dozen and happy about that. I even have some who prefer bantam sized eggs and will be paying 2 a dozen for those. They think the kids will love them cuz they are smaller [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by