eggs

11langenkamp_w

Songster
11 Years
Aug 23, 2008
sidney, ohio
How much do i sell my eggs for because im selling them for a $1.50 a dozen but maybe it just takes a while. I also listed them on craigs list and best farm buys.

Don't know where you're located but I don't think you should have any trouble getting $1.50. I'm assuming you have a sign up? And I don't know how long it's been up but speaking from experience...just be patient for a little while. For some reason, it seems like people need to look at the sign quite a few times as they drive by it before they actually stop. And many times now I've heard "I've been passing by and wanting to stop..." Time as always is an issue. You should soon get some customers!!

I get a Dz EE eggs locally for $2.50... they usually ask $3. I just like to stop regularly.
smile.png

Here in King County I have a friend who sells free-range eggs for $4.50 / dz. He sells 20 dz. a week & could sell more if he had them. Your mileage may vary -- King County has Seattle & Redmond (think Microsoft), and everything costs more. Also folks here are really serious about organic & natural.

We have people waiting for our hens to start laying and they are all going to be paying 3 bucks a dozen and happy about that. I even have some who prefer bantam sized eggs and will be paying 2 a dozen for those. They think the kids will love them cuz they are smaller
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom