Votes: 3 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dixiehens

In the Brooder
5 Years
Sep 30, 2014
Gainesville Florida
I have a chicken who layed 2 days in a row, then skipped 2 days, is this normal, also I have an egg with a hole, but it did not get in side of the real egg, can I eat it?
D.gif
smile.png

That is normal. I would not eat the egg if it is broken....just me personally. I cook them up and feed them to our dogs or to the chickens. If the shell is broken, bacteria can enter.

By the way,
welcome-byc.gif

Welcome to BYC! Please make yourself at home and we are here to help.

X3 do not eat the egg if it has a hole or crack. This allows harmful bacteria to enter that is not safe to eat. Simply pitch the egg.

Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC! Different breeds lay different numbers of eggs, skipping a day or two isn't unusual for most breeds. X3, I wouldn't eat an egg with a hole in it... you can cook up the egg and feed it back to the chickens as a treat.

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. The other members have answered you question very well so I'll just say, please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. What kind of chickens do you have?

welcome-byc.gif
Glad you joined us!

X2 on the other posters' advice.

Feel free to ask lots of questions! We're all here to help.
smile.png

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

Anytime they want to! I have hens that lay everyday, some lay every other day and some lay a couple times a week. Each bird and each breed are all different.

Enjoy all your eggs and welcome to our flock!

Back
Top Bottom