Eggtopsy day 23

IMG_7231.JPG IMG_7232.JPG IMG_7234.JPG

So sorry, how are the remaining 2?
Have you been able to figure out what happened? Can't make out that dark object to the left in the picture? The yellow objects to the upper right? Lower right?
I think the dark you are talking about is a wing and the yellow were thick clumps of yolk, I gave the other 2 one more night and will open today..kinda putting it off as we got snow so I can't bury them ☹️

looks like the first one pipped and drown in the yolk . Also a humidity thing. Congrats on what you did get though. There are tests for your hydrometer to see if its working proper.

looks like the first one pipped and drown in the yolk . Also a humidity thing. Congrats on what you did get though. There are tests for your hydrometer to see if its working proper.
Thank you for replying yes I figured it was some kind of humidity issue my first chick hatched early on thursday and began pecking the incubator Friday afternoon so I took it out and I added more water to the incubator..I probably should have waited longer or not added water ugh..maybe I added too much

Last edited:
Thank you for replying yes I figured it was some kind of humidity issue my first chick hatched so early that I took it out after two days and I added more water to the incubator maybe I added too much
I have had my fair share of those hatches. Its heart breaking I know. Test your hydrometer for next set. Lot of people do dry method . depends on your weather of course. The BEST way to do it is by weight of the egg. They are supposed to lose X much weight (I dont know the #s) . You got some littles so you couldnt of been too far off.

Back
Top Bottom