Eglu Cube owners, I need help!!!

ecogirl2206

Songster
Feb 26, 2017
I am beyond frustrated with my $1,000 Eglu Cube. I can't figure out how to open and close the coop door. the access points are on the inside of the coop which obviously I can't reach across three four feet to open and close the door. I feel like they should be on the outside but I know I didn't install it backwards because the run clips and everything are assembled correctly. Can someone please tell me how I'm supposed to open and close this door!!!
My other frustration involves the amount of time assembly took, the fact that nothing fits together which is partially my fault I don't have a perfectly flat piece of land to assemble it on. It doesn't roll nicely the wheels have too much play and go crooked so I'm basically dragging it. The entire reason I got it was for the mobility and I'm unable to move it as designed because the skirt runs into my legs I have to bend over while I'm pulling it which is ridiculous and I hurt my back 😭 obviously I can fix that by adding a tow rope, but when you throw down 1k for a coop for four chickens that's main selling point is mobility you'd hope you'd be able to move it without buying and fabricating an additional part. 😭 Also just moving it once because the wheels aren't functioning properly the run is already getting bent and attaching a tow rope to the weakest point of the structure seems like a bad idea. Someone talk me off the edge right now. I have two infants, I work full-time, I spent this money for ease and I got the opposite.

Attachments

• IMG_20201004_151359966_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20201004_151359966_HDR.jpg
    512.7 KB · Views: 75
I am beyond frustrated with my $1,000 Eglu Cube. I can't figure out how to open and close the coop door. the access points are on the inside of the coop which obviously I can't reach across three four feet to open and close the door. I feel like they should be on the outside but I know I didn't install it backwards because the run clips and everything are assembled correctly. Can someone please tell me how I'm supposed to open and close this door!!!
My other frustration involves the amount of time assembly took, the fact that nothing fits together which is partially my fault I don't have a perfectly flat piece of land to assemble it on. It doesn't roll nicely the wheels have too much play and go crooked so I'm basically dragging it. The entire reason I got it was for the mobility and I'm unable to move it as designed because the skirt runs into my legs I have to bend over while I'm pulling it which is ridiculous and I hurt my back 😭 obviously I can fix that by adding a tow rope, but when you throw down 1k for a coop for four chickens that's main selling point is mobility you'd hope you'd be able to move it without buying and fabricating an additional part. 😭 Also just moving it once because the wheels aren't functioning properly the run is already getting bent and attaching a tow rope to the weakest point of the structure seems like a bad idea. Someone talk me off the edge right now. I have two infants, I work full-time, I spent this money for ease and I got the opposite.
Omlet has a video I believe that might help. I have the Omlet door. Can I answer any questions for you?

How do you open and close it since access points are from inside coop....
My Omlet door has a battery operated control that is on the outside of the coop. It reads the amount of light at dawn and when it is bright enough the mechanism opens the door. Same for the evening when it closes automatically.
If I want, I can open the cover of the controls and push a button for 2 or 3 seconds and the door will close. It will automatically re-open in a few minutes or I can manually push the same button and open it back up.
You may already know all of this but I’m starting at the beginning. If you installed the controller inside the coop you must put it outside for it to function the way it was designed.

Sadly the $1,000 didn't include the automatic door upgrade so this is just the regular door it's got three pegs that go into holes and there's an indent to push them in so that you can move the door but i can't reach easily. I guess I'll just have to open up the coop and streeetch 🤔

Hi, I have been looking at this coop and there is a handle inset in the roof. You need to lift it and turn the handle and this should open the door. No need to stretch or climb inside the run! Hope this helps😊 The videos are good to watch, but if you need to contact Omlet customer services, they have a very good rating in the uk so I would think good everywhere.

Thank you so much!!! do you know how to move it because I did everything in the videos and apparently at five foot four I'm too short my arms have to be fully extended for the skirt not to run into my legs and I absolutely can't move it an inch without hurting my back. the wire run has zero structural integrity so when you pull on the wire it bends it and the clips are about to break in just a couple days 😭😭 I tried attaching a tow rope but it simply bends the wire without towing the structure.
Hi, I have been looking at this coop and there is a handle inset in the roof. You need to lift it and turn the handle and this should open the door. No need to stretch or climb inside the run! Hope this helps😊 The videos are good to watch, but if you need to contact Omlet customer services, they have a very good rating in the uk so I would think good everywhere.

Thank you so much!!! do you know how to move it because I did everything in the videos and apparently at five foot four I'm too short my arms have to be fully extended for the skirt not to run into my legs and I absolutely can't move it an inch without hurting my back. the wire run has zero structural integrity so when you pull on the wire it bends it and the clips are about to break in just a couple days 😭😭 I tried attaching a tow rope but it simply bends the wire without towing the structure.

Hi, glad to have been of help. With regards to the wheels, are they locking in the down position when you push the ’handles’ down at the back of the Cube? In the Omlet video it looks as though you have to push them down and towards the frame for them to lock into place. Once locked into place, you should find moving it a lot easier. I have read in some of the reviews that cable ties (Zip ties?) are better than the clips and give more stability to the wire mesh run😊

Back
Top Bottom