Eh from Canada!

sassybarnmom

Hatching
Sep 26, 2016
Hi all, new chicken mom here from Ontario, Canada! Been a horse woman most of my life but recently dived into chickens. Mine are pets that will eventually be used for therapy!

I'm very inexperienced when it comes to breeds, though. I successfully hatched two Easter Egger/Sussex chicks recently, picture posted.
Most of my chickens are silky/Sussex mix, with a few that are Orpington/Silky.

I'm excited to join this forum and to see I'm not alone in this passion!

welcome-byc.gif

Cute babies...and...you gave up on horses? Always wanted one. I think everyone on BYC knows that by now.
hide.gif
(since I keep saying it.) :p

Hi and welcome to BYC - great that you have joined us.

You'll find lots of info in the Learning Centre https://www.backyardchickens.com/newsearch?search=learning+centre and if you have a specific topic in mind, just type it in the search box - there's a wealth of information on past and present threads.

You may wish to consider joining your country thread as it will put you in touch with other BYC members in your area - https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/144/canadians-check-in-here

All the best
CT

Gosh no I could never give up on horses!! I've owned several, my last died two years ago but I've continued to work with and be around horses. That's definitely a passion that will never die!

Hi there, and welcome to Backyard chickens!!! Congrats on taking the leap into chickens!!! I hope you enjoy it here and get all the help you need!

Thank you for joining us at Backyard chickens. BYC has a few "Horse threads," on here - just put 'that' in the search box and it should come up. Lots of horse lovers - some with chickens or ducks too.

Hello! I'm new to BYC too - and am in Ontario. I don't have chickens yet, (owned them in the UK) - will be interested to hear how the therapy goes - nothing like chickens for helping with meditation and relaxation!

Back
Top Bottom