Eleanor Burns lied to me

horsejody

Squeaky Wheel
11 Years
Feb 11, 2008
Waterloo, Nebraska
I couldn't make a quilt in a day. I did manage to make 35 blocks and start to put them in rows, but I didn't get the whole top together. I just watched one of her "Quilt In A Day" episodes on the DVR and noticed that she has chickens in the intro to her show and she said that she loves chickens. I wonder if she is a BYCer.

I am making a quilt right now. Each block has 40-something pieces and I can only make six blocks a day when I push and it was already cut out when I got the kit from kathyinmo. Guess I could make many more if there were fewer and larger pieces! Hey, we want to see this when you're done. I moved it here to Hobbies so we could follow your quilt project.
wink.png

She is not a BYCer that I know of.

I have done a Log Cabin in a day, but it was a twin size.

I have several of her Dvds.

I love the Egg Money Quilts set and how she.....

1) tosses scraps over her shoulder

and

2) Says "honk honk" when making Flying Geese and trimming the pieces.
lol.png

I have tons of her PBS shows taped, and I really enjoy watching them. She is so personable. I attended a workshop of hers in Blair, Nebraska a few years ago. It was such great fun (and I was on TV! LOL)...

Don't worry she lied to me too. I do still enjoy using her books though. The only quilt top I finished in a day was a rail fence that was lap sized.
big_smile.png

i have all her books and bunches of her shows on vhs tapes and newer ones on dvd's. she got me hooked on quilting back in the '80's and i've been at it ever since.
in the winter when there is nothing to do , i teach classes in basic quilting and piecing modeled after Elanore (minus the scrap throwing and animal sounds LOL) i always have a full class and i space out the classes so folks can actually finish something !!

I love her shows. They are what is taking up most of the space on my DVR. When we upgradedthe DVR, I made them leave the old DVR because I had some of her shows, along with Simply Quilts and Fons and Porter, recorded on it.

I am a BIG fan of Eleanor Burns! I watch her shows on PBS, and the scrap throwing cracks me up every time.
Yeah, quilt in a day... I could never!

Back
Top Bottom