Elector PSP with hatching eggs??

Dec 1, 2020
Western Washington
Hello! Ive had a broody hen on eggs for 19 days now! SO CLOSE! Im very excited as this is my first time using a broody hen to hatch eggs. However, and I've learned this can be a common issue, my flock got infested with poultry licešŸ¤®! I treated them once with elector PSP a few days ago and then again last night because I still saw a few live lice on a few hens (I don't think I mixed enough in the water the first time). But I also sprayed a lot on my broody. Does anyone know if this will damage the chicks in the eggs? Im very worried I just killed them by doing this. But I figured it was best to treat the hen and the eggs come second. I don't want her in pain and discomfort any longer. Anyways, if anyone has experience with this I would really like to hear how that went. Thank you! Heres a picture of my broody on break just causešŸ˜Š:
IMG-7120.JPG

She looks in great condition - hopefully the eggs will be fine. At 19 days of incubation chicks should be quite vigorous. Good luck for a successful hatch.

Back
Top Bottom