Electric poultry netting question

dreamofwinter

Chirping
Mar 1, 2021
Downeast Maine
I think you're right. We'll work on that over the next week or so- it's super easy to adjust the electric fence to fill the rest of that gap, once we get that spot insulated.
By pipe insulation do you mean the pool-noodle looking foam pieces that go over pipes? I know we've got some of that lying around (the previous owners of the house left us all sorts of useful random stuff as well as 8+ cords of seasoned wood! I give thanks daily)

3KillerBs

Enabler
12 Years
Jul 10, 2009
North Carolina Sandhills
My Coop
My Coop
I think you're right. We'll work on that over the next week or so- it's super easy to adjust the electric fence to fill the rest of that gap, once we get that spot insulated.
By pipe insulation do you mean the pool-noodle looking foam pieces that go over pipes? I know we've got some of that lying around (the previous owners of the house left us all sorts of useful random stuff as well as 8+ cords of seasoned wood! I give thanks daily)

Yes, that's exactly what I used.

You can see it in this photo:
1633204712771.png

3KillerBs

Enabler
12 Years
Jul 10, 2009
North Carolina Sandhills
My Coop
My Coop
Awesome, thank you for the tip! I love your coop, by the way - we're planning on building a secondary coop next spring because chicken math, and this one's on my shortlist.

Thank you. I got so much good advice here when we first built it that it has definitely stood the test of time.

We've built a much larger coop (for 20 chickens), but will be remodeling this as a broody hut or breeding coop -- it needs a new roof and I'll probably take the divider out of the nest.

I'm sure that it could easily be expanded to a 4x6 or a 4x8 if the access door were moved to the side wall opposite the nests.

Top Bottom