electrocution

farmer9989

Chirping
11 Years
Apr 24, 2011
alba texas
Mayby some one raising a bunch can varify .
I remember sometime ago somewhere
Any way using a 9volt battery on carcas after butchering just rubbing it around on it to tenderize it .
wonder if it reaily works .

I can't say I have ever heard of that.
idunno.gif
Sorry.

I have had some beef that my dad had age with electric curant, it was tender for sure and using that process with a shorter hanging should reduce trimming and moisture losses.

As far as chickens, someone is already onto it with a patent.

http://www.patsnap.com/patents/view/US5888132.html

So in theory yes, but I would be doubtfull a 9 volt battery would make any significant difference.

I have put down all types of animals by electricution... when the current is applied, with the jolt of the current, the animal becomes very stiff and if standing at the time will fall over. You can see the muscles ripple with the passage of the current in a wave between the attached electrodes. When the current is released the body goes limp. So in theory, yes. I have never tried the taste test to see if the meat becomes tender. However after the necropsy, all animals will go into rigor mortis in the same time frame as other animals put down in another manner. I have never noticed any difference in difficulty of cutting the muscles. Upon viewing a cross section of the tissues under the microscope, one may see some hemoraging of blood or some cell walls in some cells.

Back
Top Bottom