Electrolytes/probiotics and ACV

Has anyone had any experience with having two 1 gallon waterers, one for Probiotic/electrolytes and 1 for ACV?
I feed my girls egg boost everyday. Just wondering if the 2 would do something weird in their gut?

thank you!

How is "egg boost" administered ~ in water, food, treat? What does it contain, is it a vitamin, probiotic booster or is it a calcium supplement etc.? What is the purpose of it?
What type of food and treats are you providing your flock?

It's Equerry's Egg Boost. It goes in their water.

This product is a blend of Micro-encapsulated Probiotics, Vitamins, Electrolytes and Enzyme for fowl.

Providing Egg Boost everyday in fresh, clean, cool water helps maintain a normal intestinal microflora by competitve exclusion and antagonism. The probiotics also help stimulate the immune system.

The addition of enzymes help improve feed intake and digestion. Helps with heat stress and molting stress.

Vitamins and Electrolytes help balance nutritional needs, and help keep the bird hydrated.

Directions for use: 10 grams treats 2 gallons of water. 10 gram scoop included

Sodium Min 1.12%
Sodium Max 1.17%
Potassium (K) Min 0.40%
Vitamin A Min 21,140 IU/gm
Vitamin D-3 Min 10,185 IU/gm
Vitamin E Min 8 IU/gm
Vitamin C Min 32 mg/gm
Phytase (A. oryzae) Min 44,000,000,000 grams phytate hydrolyzed/oz

Ingredients: Maltodextrin, Sodium bicarbonate, Salt, Dried asperigillus oryzae fermentation extract, Dried Enteroccus faecium fermentation product, Dried Lactobacillus acidophilus fermentation product, Ascorbic acid, Vitamin A supplement, Niacin supplement, Vitamin D3 supplement, riboflavin supplement, Thiamine hydrochloride, Vitamin B12 supplement.

The girls are getting a little bit of black oil sunflower seeds and a little bit of scratch as treats.

It's Equerry's Egg Boost. It goes in their water.

This product is a blend of Micro-encapsulated Probiotics, Vitamins, Electrolytes and Enzyme for fowl.

Providing Egg Boost everyday in fresh, clean, cool water helps maintain a normal intestinal microflora by competitve exclusion and antagonism. The probiotics also help stimulate the immune system.

The addition of enzymes help improve feed intake and digestion. Helps with heat stress and molting stress.

Vitamins and Electrolytes help balance nutritional needs, and help keep the bird hydrated.

Directions for use: 10 grams treats 2 gallons of water. 10 gram scoop included

Sodium Min 1.12%
Sodium Max 1.17%
Potassium (K) Min 0.40%
Vitamin A Min 21,140 IU/gm
Vitamin D-3 Min 10,185 IU/gm
Vitamin E Min 8 IU/gm
Vitamin C Min 32 mg/gm
Phytase (A. oryzae) Min 44,000,000,000 grams phytate hydrolyzed/oz

Ingredients: Maltodextrin, Sodium bicarbonate, Salt, Dried asperigillus oryzae fermentation extract, Dried Enteroccus faecium fermentation product, Dried Lactobacillus acidophilus fermentation product, Ascorbic acid, Vitamin A supplement, Niacin supplement, Vitamin D3 supplement, riboflavin supplement, Thiamine hydrochloride, Vitamin B12 supplement.

The girls are getting a little bit of black oil sunflower seeds and a little bit of scratch as treats.

Ok. I was thinking since it was call "Egg Boost" is was a calcium type supplement.
It looks like it is a vitamin/probiotic/electrolyte supplement.

IMO if you are feeding a balanced poultry feed, supplementation is generally not needed, most are formulated with the proper balance of minerals and vitamins for chickens.

I like @aart see no need for a supplement like this unless a bird is ill. Then I would generally use something like "save-a-chick" which can be purchased at the feed store for a couple of bucks.

Back
Top Bottom