Elevated dust bath

Yes I have photos. PIC setup is the whole playground area, I call it. It was one enclosure and we added a second and linked them together. PIC Setup2slant shows you kind of how the yard slopes. My whole yard is a very large downward slope. Unfortunately I live on a hill and I am in the middle of the hill. PIC Tiremess is what they end up looking like when I have straw in there for the winter to keep them warmer. As you can see they kick all the straw in the tires. So I was thinking if I elevated them, that it would resolve this issue. I might just build a platform that is 2ft x 2ft for each tire out of pressure treated wood and raise them about 1 foot.
Can I ask a question about your setup? Why all of the stuff in there run? I let mine out in the morning they go back in to roost in the evening. Do you keep them locked up? I could see all of the added stuff if they were locked up all of the time. Just curious 🤔

Can I ask a question about your setup? Why all of the stuff in there run? I let mine out in the morning they go back in to roost in the evening. Do you keep them locked up? I could see all of the added stuff if they were locked up all of the time. Just curious 🤔
I live in the city limits and we are not allowed to let them run loose. I do let them out in my fenced garden area with supervision at least once a day for a hour or two. I know its not idea but that is why there play area is so large. I only have 5 chickens.

Back
Top Bottom