Elevated Feeder

dainironfoot

In the Brooder
9 Years
Mar 27, 2010
woodburn, Oregon
Hello guys! Just wondering if anyone uses an elevated feeder for pheasants. I have Amhersts and Goldens and have been having mice problems and was thinking of moving the feeder up about 4 feet high. There are plenty of branches that would be right at the feeder so access wouldn't be an issue I just didn't know if the pheasants would eat from an elevated feeder or not. Thanx a bunch,

-Tony

I guess it wouldn't hurt to try it out and see if they catch on. Except the mice may get the idea of climbing the tree too. Do stay away from poison bait though. If one of the poisioned mice happens to pass away in your pen you will be minus a bird too. They will eat the dead mouse. You might also consider a couple of barn cats, not fluffy house felines, but good old barn cats. We have a few and they do a great job on the mice and gophers. Traps baited with peanut butter work good too if you don't have any other critters in the area that might get into them. Good Luck Amigo

Last edited:
Why can't you just hang them from the ground? although in a tree may work. keep us posted on you results. thanks J.R.C. Utah

Back
Top Bottom