Ella....or Ellis?

So my roo-dar is right again. Not sure that makes me happy as, of the three I brought home, this was my second favorite. I'm keeping the first but I can't possibly keep another. Technically, I shouldn't have any roos but I've been blessed with some really awesome neighbors. Too many roos on the property at the moment of varying ages; have to somehow, get that number down to 2 or the orchestra of alarm clocks might attract the attention of neighbors of neighbors !Thanks, everyone! I'm heading over to the farm tomorrow to swap out for 2 pullets. Spent the last hour browsing old posts on here re determining gender in EEs at 4 to 5 weeks (the age I'm choosing from) and I think what I've figured out is that despite everything I now know about combs and red leakage and uneven barring and color tendencies, I'll probably be coming home with 2 more roos :lau

He is a boy.
100% sure.
Hi again! Yeah...I was pretty sure. This thread confirmed it. All boy. I already exchanged him. These guys will be part of the next group when the current girls retire. Looking to move within next year so that we have more space to free range all day and don't need to retire our birds as soon when laying slows down. Right now, they're on a 2 year schedule; would love to give them more time :( Never knew how easily one can get attached to a chicken!

Hi again! Yeah...I was pretty sure. This thread confirmed it. All boy. I already exchanged him. These guys will be part of the next group when the current girls retire. Looking to move within next year so that we have more space to free range all day and don't need to retire our birds as soon when laying slows down. Right now, they're on a 2 year schedule; would love to give them more time :( Never knew how easily one can get attached to a chicken!
:highfive:

I'm looking around to see if you have shared photos of your coops.
:oops:

Back
Top Bottom