elling my Khaki Campbells

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by gofasterstripe, Dec 11, 2010.

1. gofasterstripe

gofasterstripe Chillin' With My Peeps

I bought them over time along with my other ducks. They never fitted in with the crowd, my drakes pinned them down and didnt do the DEED with them and the bigger ducks and even now the baby ducks peck them out of the way. I advertised them on Craigs List and have dreaded the call, not knowing where they are going, if they were going to end up in the pot or who knows!!!!
    Well 10 mins ago I got that dreaded call. Some guy up called from...2 1/2 hours away wants them. He raised 4 babies from TSC and has ended up with 3 drakes and 1 female. His female is getting beaten to death as for a better word and wants my ducks to give her a bit of a rest. He put my mind at ease when he said.... I love my little ducks. So, I now dont feel to bad about it, but im going to miss the 6 eggs a day they have been laying.

2. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    Glad you were able to find them a good home! [​IMG]

3. duckyfromoz

duckyfromoz Quackaholic

Jan 11, 2010
    Australia
    Now that was a great way to make extra room for some new ducks when you start using that new incubator!!! Its always easier to say goodbye when you know they are going to a good home.

4. gofasterstripe

gofasterstripe Chillin' With My Peeps

Really really nice guy came to get my ducks, we chatted ducks and geese for ages [​IMG]. Got the ducks in their house, caught them all up, then walking across the duck yard the bottom fell out of his crate. a big wooden box like what you would put pigeons in with slat bars. Next minute ducks are everywhere, but got them caught up again and crated...I had the scence before hand to have some ready too. So off they have gone up north 2 hours...gonna be cold up there for them. Tonight at bedtime, the babies put themselves to bed and stood and chatted it over that they were now the only ones on that side of the room...they looked quite on edge untill the big ducks came up to bed and everyone settled down. The duck yard looks empty without them. They all looked alike so never had real names.... just, limpy duck limped, bigun was the biggest and dime duck had a dime sized bit of white on her neck, apart from that they were just called 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 when we did a head count or The Little Ducks. But im glad they have gone to a good home.

Ducky...yes I now have room for more ducks...what more could a girl ask for.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by