1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Emaciated and weak help

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by MySweetChickens, May 19, 2016.

1. MySweetChickens

MySweetChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2014
    Michigan
    ok so i hatched a chick out that was weak to begin with and he is having issues currently i have him inthe bator to keep himwarm and seperated he wont eat but i can get fluids down him i dont have any yogurt but is there anything with calories i can feed him ;-; i shouldnt be bothering with it but alas here i am :rolleyes:

2. 0wen

0wen Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2016
    Southwest Virginia
    You can get some electrolyte "chick starter" to add to the water.

3. MySweetChickens

Mar 24, 2014
    Michigan
    Thats whats in the water currently though im thinking at this point im just making this chicks death comfortable :/ it couldnt be pasty butt i checked but i dont know what else could be wrong i put some terrimyacin in him as well im wondering would jell-o work well?

Last edited: May 19, 2016
  4. MySweetChickens

Mar 24, 2014
    Michigan
    Well i gave him some jell-o just to get some food and water down i doubt he will make the night but at least i can rest well knowing he is warm and has some food in his belly :/

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by