Embden Geese - Beaks not Orange??

hatchaholic

Songster
11 Years
Jul 23, 2008
South Carolina
I have four embden geese (Papa, Big Mama, Tiny, and Jaws). They are approx. 9 weeks old and have pinkish colored beaks and feet. There eyes are blue, though... Will the color change with age, is there something lacking in their diet, or is this a genetic thing??? Does anyone know??
Thanks.
yippiechickie.gif

My embdens are coming up on 9 weeks too. They have lovely light pinkish white beaks and feet too. I think this is very normal as this stage. It is only when they are more mature that the colors will darken a bit.

I had some barnyard mutt geese I hatched with black beaks and feet. At 20 weeks they now have orange feet and beaks.

I'm sorry for MissPrissy's rudeness, she gets cranky in the mornings, but WELCOME TO BYC!!

welcome-byc.gif
welcome-byc.gif
welcome-byc.gif

lol.png
Love ya MissPrissy!
hugs.gif

-Kim

Last edited:
My Embden geese are the same age as MissPrissy's and all have orange feet and beaks. The one we think is a female has a slightly lighter colored beak.

Welcome to BYC

Doh! I didn't even notice the 1 post count. I rarely look over there! Pardon me.

Welcome to BYC!

Sharon, your's have changed colors? Mine are still light and have no completely changed.

Yes I was just out with them and they are VERY orange. The 2 we think males have a slightly darker shade orange beak than the female. As to when they turned orange, I don't remember but they've been that way for a while... at least 2 weeks.

I'll look at mine closer today and see how much they have changed. They have changed and I am so used to them i didn't pay close attn to the coloring.

We had a huge storm last night. We've got trees down, had big hail. I have a mess of a yard to clean up
hmm.png
It is raining now so it'll be a while before I can go out with my son in tow.

Thanks for the input. Somebody had said to me that she thought my geese may be Romans and not Embdens because of the bill color, not that it really matters to me...I just wanted to know what I had.

I have a 10 week male and female embden, and they both have orange beaks that turn pink then white at the tips.

Back
Top Bottom