Embden Goose Eggs

Cameron_8

Chirping
Jan 5, 2021
I have two embden goose eggs from ebay currently in my incubator. It's day 19 and they have been at 30% humidity and 99.5 degrees. They both look viable when candled. When should I move them to lockdown? This is my first time with geese so any tips are appreciated. Thank you.

My tip: read Pete55's goose egg incubation guide, if you haven't already.

As for lockdown, my goose eggs take roughly 30 days to hatch; I lock down on day 25 so they have a couple of extra days to get into hatching position. I don't raise humidity until I see the first external pip.

Just the 2 eggs? I sincerely hope both hatch for you but if not, do you have a plan for raising a single gosling? You may want to research the topic before the eggs hatch.

Best of luck!

My tip: read Pete55's goose egg incubation guide, if you haven't already.

As for lockdown, my goose eggs take roughly 30 days to hatch; I lock down on day 25 so they have a couple of extra days to get into hatching position. I don't raise humidity until I see the first external pip.

Just the 2 eggs? I sincerely hope both hatch for you but if not, do you have a plan for raising a single gosling? You may want to research the topic before the eggs hatch.

Best of luck!
I have 7 pekin ducks along with my large flock of chickens. I only wanted to raise 1 or 2 so I could mother it. I also have 40 chicken eggs hatching soon so I will have other chicks. I want the goose to help protect my flock from hawks and such. Do you think I should get a another duckling from tractor supply or somewhere if there is only one?

Back
Top Bottom