Embryo dead inside egg? Day 26

Conolii0316

In the Brooder
Apr 16, 2015
I candled my duck egg on day 26 and saw that the duck inside wasn't moving. I gently shook the egg, but still saw no movement. I put the egg back in the incubator still hoping that it's alive. Is it normal for a duck egg on day 26 to not move, or is it dead?

But two days ago, it was moving a lot inside the egg? I candled it again a few minutes ago and I still saw no movement at all...I am so worried.

Worried or not, you shouldn't be messing around with it while the baby is preparing to hatch. Keeping the egg in a nice humid warm place and undisturbed is critical to hatching.

The last three days are generally considered hands off.

Yah maybe like myn he was moving around a lot but now he has gotten bigger and he isn't moving but I can see a heart beat if I look very closely

Hi can you please tell me what happened to your ducks? Did they arrive safely?
Mine is on day26 and stopped moving. I have tried to look closely without too much disturbance, but nothing, not a murmur. :(

this can usually happen if you haven't been turning them everyday. you're suppose to turn them 3 or more times a day.
big_smile.png

Yes I stopped turning yesterday on day 25. Today I see no movement, just some tiny fluid movements. Can't tell for sure.

hi, i am having trouble with my duck eggs also. My eggs are moving in the egg when i candle them and pecking when i put them up to my ear but they wont hatch. Does anybody suggest anything to do to help the hatch or to see if they will hatch?

also, i am on day 35. they look good, i am wondering if it is just our cheap incubator and it is not keeping the heat as high as it should be and they might take longer.I dont know if i should just leave them alone or try and help

Back
Top Bottom