Emergency 🚨 dying hen!!

Jenessa_096

Crowing
Jul 14, 2021
Molalla, Oregon
My one year old hen Lulu, is acting really weird. We were not home, and when we came back we found her head under her body. She was sitting in mud. It’s either that she drowned or maybe it’s from the heat. She’s my alpha hen and was acting totally normal before we left. I examined her, nothings wrong. She has bumblefoot, and hasn’t layed an egg in about four days.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    423.6 KB · Views: 30
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    921.2 KB · Views: 17
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    491.4 KB · Views: 17
My one year old hen Lulu, is acting really weird. We were not home, and when we came back we found her head under her body. She was sitting in mud. It’s either that she drowned or maybe it’s from the heat. She’s my alpha hen and was acting totally normal before we left. I examined her, nothings wrong. She has bumblefoot, and hasn’t layed an egg in about four days.
This recently happened to my brahma who was strong and healthy one minute, and floppy and paralyzed the next. She wouldn't stand up. Then she died. I believe she was egg bound because before she died she made a little yellow yolk-poop. :( I am so sorry that this is happening to your alpha bird. :hugs

This recently happened to my brahma who was strong and healthy one minute, and floppy and paralyzed the next. She wouldn't stand up. Then she died. I believe she was egg bound because before she died she made a little yellow yolk-poop. :( I am so sorry that this is happening to your alpha bird. :hugs
I gave her some egg yolk, and some Rooster Booster. My mom is putting a wet towel on her. I really hope she gets better.

Back
Top Bottom