Emergency forum suggestion.

JDGreene

Songster
Oct 18, 2018
Tennessee
It is so physically exhausting and time consuming to find out what the best course of action to take when you have a downed chicken by trying to scour previous posts of the same ailment. Many times the original poster never comes back to say what ever happened to their chicken, if it got better or died.

I think it would be great to have a box, title, or something that says "problem resolved or something else" that the original poster can click when they have successfully cured their chicken so that others looking in the forum can easily find a "successfull" thread and read it instead of 1,500 posts that don't really help. That could also stop alot of the same old repetative posts that I see so that others in need could get help from a knowledgeable person.

Also I think the people trying to help should get some credit somehow by allowing the OP to click a "helpfull button" or "this person helped me" or something.

IIRC this has been brought up before, but I can't find the thread. One thing that could be helpful would be a Q & A system, where one can mark a particular post as being the "solution". This is a feature that has been added to the new version of the forum software, and we'll have the option to enable it once we upgrade.

IIRC this has been brought up before, but I can't find the thread. One thing that could be helpful would be a Q & A system, where one can mark a particular post as being the "solution". This is a feature that has been added to the new version of the forum software, and we'll have the option to enable it once we upgrade.

Yup, exactly. It's something we've discussed a lot. Whenever it's been attempted, it relies too much on people to come back and mark their own threads and answers as fixed / best-answer, and unfortunately it's incredibly rare for that to happen. Heck, just getting peeps to post very descriptive subject lines and details is difficult.

So, we'll keep suggesting things to encourage users to help others find solutions, but at the end of the day, we're limited in what we can "force" encourage people to do. :)

That said, we're always trying to improve the platform (as mentioned above) to help our peeps get fast solutions to their problems!

I think it's a shame that people want help but don't want to provide any help, feedback, or credit back. I wasn't really suggesting to "force" people to click a feedback button, just have an option to do so. Right now there is no option. I would gladly do so if there was.

I notice "solved" here in this forum. Why cant that tag be added to a thread that has had a successfull diagnosis? I'm not real sure how that gets added but maybe a moderator could come behind if requested and add that so a person could read the thread title and see "solved" and know that is a good thread to read.

I think it's a shame that people want help but don't want to provide any help, feedback, or credit back. I wasn't really suggesting to "force" people to click a feedback button, just have an option to do so. Right now there is no option. I would gladly do so if there was.
Do you need help finding help?
I can help you.

No but thank you. I have actually recieved good help. I've just been scouring the forums and thought that suggestion would save me and others hours of research. I also would like some way to thank the people helping, which would coax more people into trying to help.

Back
Top Bottom