Emergency!!! HELP! I don't want to loose all my chickies!

Theapplechicks

Songster
8 Years
Apr 13, 2011
I'm am so not happy w/ my daughter at the moment!
somad.gif

Our hen has been on some eggs and they are due to hatch anytime from the end of this week into the beginning of next week. (uncertain of the day specifically) So there were too many eggs for our small hen to cover and I had removed a couple marked eggs and placed them in another nest so she wouldn't have too many and also so the other hens would lay in the other nest and leave her alone and not keep adding... Well it's been great up until now! 2 days ago my daughter for some reason decided that the other eggs needed to be in w/ the broody and added them in then the other hens crawled in and laid some too so there were way to many eggs! Half were not covered at all and cold and when I went out this morning one was tossed out of the nest and cracked/chipped. I can see a chick in it and it appears to be moving but I don't know what to do from there! HELP!!!!
hit.gif

What are the chances that my eggs won't hatch now?
fl.gif

I have removed the newly laid eggs from the nest but there are 2 eggs left that were originally marked that she put in there and I don't know which ones they were! I tried shining a flashlight on the eggs to see but couldn't tell anything that way. I don't want to loose all our babies!

What do I do for this cracked egg? I think it just got knocked out because there were too many in there??

I need expert advice! This is our first hatch!

Last edited:
Thanks.... think there's so much traffic this morning that no one is seeing it!
sad.png
I just don't want to loose all my little babies. We've been so excited waiting for them to hatch.

Put the one that is chipped back in the nest and see which hatch. Keep the other hens eggs out of the nest box. Keep the ones that are marked and see how it goes. Good luck.

well I don't know if it got cracked by someone else and then hatched or if when I found it this morning it was hatching, but when I came home this afternoon I found a hatched little chickie! Yeah! Now to figure out what it is.... We thought it was pure game hen because it is super tiny and looks like the roo did when he was a baby (coloring wise) but the feet are feathered. So we will have to see which of our other 3 ladies it belongs too. We have one de Uccle, one full size cochin - not hers because she lays brown eggs and it was a white one-, and one bantam cochin. So it it's either a game/de uccle mix or a game/cochin mix! lol Time will tell. Now to wait and see if any more hatch.

baby and mama
love.gif

86414_new_baby.jpg

Back
Top Bottom