Emergency HELP!!!

chxckens

In the Brooder
5 Years
Sep 28, 2014
Australia
Hi I am new to byc
My chicken is about 5-7 weeks old and has a red neck.it looks as if it uncomfortable and keeps stretching its neck and moving it like in circles.it won't eat and drink or I think even poos.it looks like if it's eaten to much cuz it's all puffy and bigger than the others.it keeps closing its eyes and sleeping.plz HELP!!!!!!!
1f629.png
1f630.png
1f62b.png

Last edited:
Hi :welcome Glad you joined the flock. My first thing would be to separate the bird the rest of them just incase its something infectious. Have a go at hand feeding and try to get some water into it with a dropper. I would then post in the emergencies disease injury section giving as much detail as you can. Hopefully someone will be able to help you. Hope your bird better soon :frow https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/10/emergencies-diseases-injuries-and-cures

Last edited:
Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

So sorry about your bird. Definitely post in our emergency section. I sure hope someone can help you there.
hugs.gif

Sorry I am at a loss to even guess what might be wrong. Is this a naked neck, where you can see how red the skin is? Does it have anything around the neck. When I used to trim dogs, frequently found dogs with a rubber band around the neck hidden under their hair - it imbeds in the skin and causes a bad infection. The parents would usually smack the kid for doing it.

Just wondered if it's possible with a chicken. If you could post a clear photo of what the neck looks like, it would help the ER people much more than just words. Hope she will be able to heal soon.

Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC! Sorry about your chick, X3 on try posting pictures in the Emergencies forum, hope it is OK.

Welcome to BYC!

You will find a lot of good information here. Keep on asking questions and you will get many good answers.

You may also want to read the FAQ below.

Back
Top Bottom