Emergency-Need help

Maggies Pop

Songster
10 Years
Sep 23, 2009
Middletown (No CAL)
We have a 6 wk Ancona duck. Something got to her through their cage last night. One of her wings was chewed off and the muscle in the opposite leg has been ripped. She seems in good spirits. We brought her in and cleaned her off in the tub. Any suggestions on what we should do? We just got these guys less than 2 weeks ago. How should we treat and with what?

We have a 6 wk Ancona duck. Something got to her through their cage last night. One of her wings was chewed off and the muscle in the opposite leg has been ripped. She seems in good spirits. We brought her in and cleaned her off in the tub. Any suggestions on what we should do? We just got these guys less than 2 weeks ago. How should we treat and with what?
Keep it clean, I would recommend Vetricyn Spray you can get it at TSC it will kill bacteria and keep the wound from getting infected. Ducks are tuff and she'll most likely pull through although probably in pain. make sure to give her some kind of vitamin either poly vi sol without iron mixed in her water or Poultry Nutri Drench to help keep her strong while healing. You do know that whatever came last night will be back, i hope your working to secure their area, before night fall.

Thank you Miss Lydia for the medicine recommendations. We are going to the feed store now, so will look for it. We cleaned her off, put on some triple antibiotic cream and bandaged her. She is resting comfortably now. But she is definitely in pain. I feel so horrible. While in a craze trying to help Sweet Pea, my husband didn't see that "it" got 2 of our Khaki Campbells. I am so incredibly heartbroken and can't help but feel responsible although we thought the area was very secure. My husband has already been working on their pen and run area. All I know is, it is on now with whatever critter (probably raccoon) got in there. I will not rest until it is gone.

Back
Top Bottom