Emergency - please help

Hi, Susan. I would guess she can hear them - they're all in the same room in my house. She has settled down and isn't going all over the place now that I've transferred her to her own brooder. Her eyes have opened and she's beginning to dry out. I'm hoping she will perk up by this evening.

awww OH NO!!! what about the others??
All the others have been doing great. They've been having the time of their lives tearing their brooder up. But #9... Jeez... Last night I held a 3 month old turkey for almost 5 hours until it past away in my arms, and now I wasn't able to help save this poor chick... I feel like I've failed.

awwwwww
hugs.gif

I so sorry to hear that....I am sure you tried your best but some chicks just arent meant to make it.
I put 18 eggs in the incubator...one never hatched...I took it apart and it was dead...fully formed but didnt even make it through the air sac.
I had another that could not use its legs...not at all. It was going to die also but my husband humanley put an end to it...
I dont think they are all intended to make it to the end....
Im sorry to hear about your loss too...

Oh it is not you lr fault at all. It was just mother nature taking its coarse. I am so sorry for your loss. That stinks. What have you done with the other two eggs? So sorry you are in my thoughts and prayers.

The last 2 eggs are going to get float tested today. I was going to do it yesterday, but I ran out of time... Then I guess I will clean and sanitize the incubator and start hatch #2 on Monday...

So sorry to hear this rosemi78. I was rootin for that little girl! You just can't help but root for the underdogs. Not to be too nosey, but it sounds like the broody could use a bit of rest,,,
wink.png
. Best of luck with your next hatch! We have some due around the second weekend in March and starting to get anxious. I just hope we have as much sucess as you've had.

Back
Top Bottom