EMERGENCY Seramas Suddenly Listless/Unenergetic

Wild Rooster

In the Brooder
7 Years
Sep 11, 2012
Michigan
I need some urgent help. 2 of 3 of my new show seramas became lethargic and almost cold looking without warning (within 24 hours). the coop is left at 65 degrees F and their dropping look fine. one of the 2 hens in the trio laid an abnormally small egg if that matters. they haven't laid sense i got them (3 weeks ago). they are eating and drinking fine. should i give them electrolights to give them energy? what should i do and will i loose them?

I have heard that seramas need to stay inside, but I know nothing about them. I would reach out to the previous owner, or go onto one of the serama threads and ask.

They are in a heated coop, staying at 70 degrees F. I'm talking to the older owners now. I treated them for Coccidia seeing as they suddenly developed the watery poop now.

Are you using Corid 2 tsp of the liquid or the powder at 1.5 tsp per gallon of water? Cocci is very possible with a move from one soil to another where a new strain their now immune to could affect them. The diarrhea sounds like it. Have you seen any pink or bloody poops? I would bump the heat up to 80F if they are sick--even big birds need that if very ill.

Liquid. I know how to mix it. They are housed on wire. I think it may have more likly been the food being to high a protine. The 3rd bird in the trip was much younger and she's just fine. The other 2 are a 1 year and a 2 year old. They are the sick ones. The hen probably won't make the night. ): the rooster will and hopefully will recover.

Back
Top Bottom