----EMERGENCY------ Unsure of what to do

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by QP, Apr 24, 2008.

1. QP

QP Out Of The Brooder

Feb 8, 2008
    So in my brooder we have a ton of fat, healthy chicks. Except for one who is small. Recently this chick lost control of its left leg. Now it seems to have lost all balance and it has also lost control of it's right leg. Earlier when i had all of my chicks out , this is before it lost control, it was running around in the grass and out of nowhere faceplanted itself and seemed to be out cold. Now i am unsure of what to do??[​IMG][​IMG]

2. Farmer Kitty

Farmer Kitty Flock Mistress

Sep 18, 2007
    Wisconsin
    I don't know what to do either. Good luck and hopefully someone else will know what to do.

3. Run-A-Muck Ranch

Run-A-Muck Ranch Chillin' With My Peeps

poor little thing...
    I have never had to 'fix' a chick yet, but is there something you can put on it's let to maybe help control it????
    I am sure someone one here will have better advise than I can give...
    Best of luck with the little one!!
    Shawna

4. kinnip

kinnip Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2008
    Carrollton, GA
    I don't know if this applies to chickens, but a magnesium deficiency can cause that kind of behaviour in other animals. You might try adding dolomite to their rations. Most feed stores carry it and some gardening centers.

5. QP

QP Out Of The Brooder

Feb 8, 2008
    Well she has lost her balance and whenever i put her back up on her feet she just keeps rooling to her back. she won't eat or drink and i probably gonna put her down

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by