Empty crop at night:

I would try isolating her so that you can monitor how much she eats and drinks. You will also be better able to see what her droppings look like. Between these things you will have better information to go on.

Quote:
Ok, so it sounds like its time to isolate her and worm her correct?

She's been given plenty of yogurt, but what vitamins would be good to give her?

Polyvisol? ACV? Recommended worming products? (I know theres lots in the search about worming, and its so much I'm having a hard time figuring it out)

3 drops of polyvisol per day.

A teaspoon of acv in her water.

For worming, start with Wazine. At my feed store, it's called Piperazine-17. Put 1 ounce in a gallon of water. That should be the sole water source for 24 hrs.

After 24 hrs., pull and replace with fresh water.

In 2 weeks, use a broad-spectrum wormer like ferbendazole, ivermectin, or levamisole. Check your feed store to see what they have.

The eggs collected within 14 days of each worming treatment should not be eaten by humans.

Read this thread: Threehorses is really smart about this subject.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=223555

Last edited:
Just a quick update on my 'empty crop' situation, just in case it proves helpful to anyone - less than 24 hours after starting the Tylan Soluble, my BO is eating without having to be prompted. She is still only eating treats (sunflower seeds, bread, grains, chopped peanuts, cherry tomatoes) but still, that's a super improvement in 24 hours!

So my vet may have been right - she has been battling a 'silent' chronic case of mycoplasma for a little while, and it's been making her feel grotty. I'm picking up the Avia Charge this afternoon too, so I'm counting on it giving her even more of a lift.

I do hope I'm right about the Tylan anyway, rather than that she's just feeling a little brighter today, and it is simply a coincidence.
fl.gif
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom