Empty Nest!

kidd42

Songster
10 Years
Feb 1, 2009
Valley Springs, Ca.
So here we sit tonight, after 7 weeks of the excitement and hustle of raising 24 fluff balls all is quite in the brooding bin. Two different sets of friends took youngsters off our hands, and the 9 that we picked to keep because of personalities and quirks, have moved out to the hen house in the side yard. As I stood in our sunroom this evening that was used as the brooding room and that is covered in the dust from the Itty bitty's wood shaving's, my wife asked me if it was all worth it, did I enjoy it. More then I can express. There was the nerve racking first couple of weeks, the first week when I had to put two babies down. The fun of watching countless chick rugby matches with crickets. The cocked heads and stretched necks looking up at me from the brooder waiting to see what the "Big Hand" was going to present next. Would I do it again?.........What do you think? Heck yea! So tomorrow we move the brooder bin out and clean it out, then clean the sunroom......And wait for next March when we order more chicks, and do this all over again. I can't wait. I'm off to tuck my girls in for the night.

Tuck them in for the night and look out the window a dozen times thru the night and worry if they are ok out there all night. hahaha
My girls first week outside saw me sleepless! I walked out to the coop with a flashlight to peek in on them more than once.
Yeah, they are a lot of fun!

Back
Top Bottom