Emu Egg weight loss help!!

sully023

Hatching
Apr 11, 2017
I've got 2 emu eggs I started on March 13th and I never weighed them. I was too excited and put them into the incubator at 96.0°F Hand turned them 3 times a day and had the humidity at 21%-24%. On day 5 i finally got a gram scale and Egg A weighed in at 582G and egg B.) weighed in at 579G, for the first 2 weeks they were right on track. (15% weight loss) then slowly they started losing weight and more and more... today, A.) weighs 531 G and B.) Weighs 532G.. this Sunday (Yes, Easter) to be on track they'd need to weigh A.)534 and B.) 533.. what do I do? Should I drastically change the humidity up to like 60-80? I don't know what to do and I really want them to hatch... please help me!
Thanks so much!
Sully

Sounds to me your eggs aren't that far off. Eggs don't lose wieght at an exact wieght nor do emu eggs always lose the whole 15%. I kept the humidity at 30% and turned 5 times a day, my incubator is homemade and the temp at the bottom of the egg was about 93-95 and the top 97-98, I stopped weighing around week 4 and I had 5/5 eggs hatch! Weight loss and even incubation is not an exact science, for the time being I wouldn't worry.

hi all ...my EMU eggs (2) have been in the incubator for 60 days
they are still loosing weight but have not pipped
can someone help?

Back
Top Bottom