End Of Humanity Anxiety...

DancesWithWolves

Songster
10 Years
Nov 14, 2009
ok so heres my deal... I am a very nervous person, I always asume the worst . like today I was home alone and my Dad called and said he'd be home in 10 minutes.... so I waited...and waited and waited. I kept thinking like "oh no he got in a car crash"... I even planned out his whole funeral in an hour!!!!!!!!! then he came home and made me fish stix. anyway. as I was saying.. I have been having terible dreams about the end of the world *scary music* and its starting to really flip me out...... every one keeps saying its just in my head and the world is never gonna end (in my life time) but its so hard to believe like my brother in law said " I think that the mayans just got tired of their calendar and stopped" but its still really scary. please help me explain stuff to me I dont know I just don't like being so nervous about every single little thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
barnie.gif
barnie.gif
barnie.gif
hit.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
hugs.gif
Talk to your parents, siblings(if you have any), friends. Chances are someone else has felt the same way at some point in their life.
hugs.gif

don't really have a school counselor... (homeschooled) I talked to my mom about it and shes like major christiany christian so shes all like "the worlds not gonna end and if it does we'll go to heaven" but that dosn't really help because I seriously really want to live ON EARTH for a while BEFOR god takes me away.

Don't know if it'll make you feel better, but I'm very much the same.

I started having recurring nightmares about losing my Granny when I was 8. Since I only got to see her for a short time in the summer (when I got to see my dad in Ark.) it was something I worried about, and still do.

I spent years in classes designed for 'creative thinkers' that taught problem solving, brainstorming, etc. That only enhanced my natural ability to think in tangents. When I see an action, my brain immediately comes up with multiple effects. Some good, some NOT. Not any wonder that I had three deep wrinkles in my forehead by the time I was 12. Not to mention the migraines, stomach problems, and major muscle tension. But, back then no one would ever have thought a kid could have that much stress. Weird huh?

Donno if that makes you feel better or worse... knowing I'm STILL that way... but at least you aren't alone. I've actually called hospitals when B took too long getting home. That was years ago, I have gotten better (now I just call his dad/boss, friends, etc) but it's still there. The curse of the creative mind.

A journal may help, or art, etc. An outlet for those ideas. It sometimes helps me. Talking about it can help too. IE once B knew how much I worried he did try to be home when he said he would, and if not to call and lemme know he'd be doing this or that so I wouldn't fret (or hold dinner!) but he still forgets sometimes ARGH! But, you also can't leash people, they won't appreciate it, and if you depend on that leash then when they are delayed the stress will just be more, rather than less.

Find an outlet, communicate your fears, and BREATHE are about the only suggestions I can make.

Quote:
Go ahead and LIVE, you're spending too much time being a worrywort and not enjoying whatever time you might have. I generally don't worry about such things, but I make darn sure that every day I tell my kids I love them, and my hubby ! I make sure people know how I feel, and I try to be the best person I can be! Thats about the most you can do.

Back
Top Bottom