Ended Official BYC Mini Contest - Post a pic of your broody hen and chicks and

. Two of our Silver Pencil Rock hens with one of their shared broods, we have 5 hens who all grew up together with a broody and they now raise their clutches together either 2 or 3 hens at a time.

Peekaboo! Pidgy is a green egg laying barnyard mix who is a great mama hen, raising 2 or 3 clutches a year.

This is my Buff Orpington mama with a duckling she hatched out. She was broody during on of the hottest time of last summer for us in Kansas. Out of a nest of 6 fertile eggs, only this one survived to hatch. On the day it hatched it was about 110 and I didn't think the duckling would make it, so into a tote in the house they went! I kept them indoors for about 8 days until the temp was more normal. It was a very feisty duckling too, I have videos of it running in circles around the tote and jumping up and over the hen. I got a lot of photos of him playing on her back, but this one is my favorite!

Mama Bear is trying to teach her younging how to eat healthy. But Sprinkles has other plans. She wants to go or a piggy back ride. She did this for weeks until she got too big.

Thank you everyone who entered your wonderful photos!

Back
Top Bottom