Enhanced Flavors

AnaI

Hatching
12 Years
Jan 23, 2008
Are chickens being fed chemicals to enhance flavor? I for the life of me can't figure out what chemical is causing my allergic reaction. But as of last Nov. I have not been able to eat poultry. And it all tastes like salt!

I think it's in the feed because I tasted it in eggs. Please be honest with me. I'm not young and am trying to live with this NEW sensitivity.

I don't think the chickens are being fed anything to enhance flavor, but I do think the salt you are tasting in meat is a product of companies soaking their birds in brine or however they process them to warrent the labeling that says maximum 2% water. As for the eggs... I don't know about that one.

hu.gif
never heard of any thing like this
before.

Thank you for your honesty.
I know the taste of sodium chloride and that's what I taste.

I need to find somewhere I can buy chickens before they are brined.

To the person who said they never heard it before. Everyone's heard of it. Where have you been?
roll.png

Quote:
i have a link you can read. it may help

http://www.healthcastle.com/egg.shtml

the part where it says "the bottom line" says this in the second paragraph

"According to the Egg Nutrition Center, the nutritional value of an egg is affected ONLY by the feed. In other words, specialty eggs such as organic eggs, or cage-free eggs provide the same nutritional value as the regular varieties if their feeds are the same."

Last edited:
I had a guy I purchased laying eggs tell me how he cannot let his chickens
eat strawberries because his daughter is allergic to them. It appears whatever
chemical she has an allergy to actually is held in the meat of the chicken. This
was supposedly told to him by his daughters doctor. I also remember reading
posts about a few different foods affecting the taste of eggs.

idunno.gif

PC is right. I heard that if fed garlic or citrus fruits that there will be a difference in taste. I really cant say anything on this subject cause they dont get this stuff

I'm just wondering if all the added hormones in beef and chicken are making kids grow bigger and at younger ages. I've seen some BIG elementary/jr high aged kids in the past few years. it's gotta be the stuff in the food.

TinFoilHatArea.jpg

Quad there have been studies done ont his and yes, its true. Also they said it is also why an increasing # of boys are getting "man breasts".

Must be the hormones in that beef and dairy production. Can't use hormones in chicken production. I personally think the "man breast" thing is attributed to the obesity problem as testosterone and estrogen are literally one or two steps away from each other in it's synthesis and share the same precursor if I remember right.

Back
Top Bottom