Enjoying the last nice day

Quote:
That's probably in the plan for sometime this spring or summer. I don't keep a list, but if you see I've posted some in the auction section give me a holler.

ep.gif
what lovely chickens!!!!!!

Quote:
That's probably in the plan for sometime this spring or summer. I don't keep a list, but if you see I've posted some in the auction section give me a holler.

You never want to add blue to the line of the lavender orp project! Find good exhibition black orps!

Quote:

You never want to add blue to the line of the lavender orp project! Find good exhibition black orps!

The ones I'm planning on penning seperate are from Taterschickens.....do they have blue in their background?

Quote:

The ones I'm planning on penning seperate are from Taterschickens.....do they have blue in their background?

I'm not sure Katy!!!

Katy's look good enough for me. I have contacted a couple of exhibitionists (lol) and they snubbed their noses at having their birds used to improve lavenders... scuse ME!!! but I think katie's birds are exactly what I would love to add to my flock, regardless. I want that thick, low slung, fluffy, poofy, rounded, floaty look, and she's got it. I wanted it so bad I was going to cross a cochin in there to get it. MUCH better to use Katie's birds, if'n she's willing....

My opinion you are defeating the suppose of having the lavender color in Orps when you use a blue bird for type and never use a cochin. It will take years to breed out! If she has Blacks thats a different story all together. Katy and I have the same birds so Katys are just fine!!! My thoughts.

That is why I asked in an earlier post if she was going to pull out a pen of just blacks to breed true black this spring or summer. Maybe you missed that little tiny detail. I feel exactly the same as you do about mixing blue and black.... GAH!!!! Whada nightmeah! Take many F's to sort that out.

Quote:
Nope didn't miss that little tid bit! Your good to go if she is willing! LOL It's the blues and the cochin I'm trying to steer you away from!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom