Entomology

Entomology

• Total voters
FINALLY!

Sorry it took me so long, guys. Here's my "collection." Since I didn't know how to pin, I preserved my finds by glueing some to this turtle shell (carapace?) I found. And there is one I pictured separately, below, that I wish someone would identify for me. I also don't know what the moth is, at the 5:00 position in the top photo. It was pretty chewed up when we found it. The camera angle makes it appear smaller than it actually is. These were all found in SE MO since 2010. Thank you.

20220920_192232.jpg

20220920_192346.jpg

FINALLY!

Sorry it took me so long, guys. Here's my "collection." Since I didn't know how to pin, I preserved my finds by glueing some to this turtle shell (carapace?) I found. And there is one I pictured separately, below, that I wish someone would identify for me. I also don't know what the moth is, at the 5:00 position in the top photo. It was pretty chewed up when we found it. The camera angle makes it appear smaller than it actually is. These were all found in SE MO since 2010. Thank you.

View attachment 3266662

View attachment 3266668
Looks great!

I think the bottom butterfly is a red spotted purple!

Ohhh this is an interesting thread. I would love to learn more about large beetles such as hercules beetles, but I'm guessing this thread focuses on bugs that are less exotic than that lol.
I do need to make a new post I think I will next teach ya'll how to pin and mount a dragonfly!

I have never seen one in real life but if I ever did I would share it!

Back
Top Bottom