Ermine Faverolles

eksterhuis

Chirping
8 Years
Jan 7, 2012
Does anyone have any tips for breeding these beauties... I think I am going to have to start with some sort of light sussex fav cross... Does anyone know the dominant traits (I'm hoping its colombian neck and fluffy feet/muff/5 toes). Any idea if it should be the mum or dad that is the sussex? I have a flock of Salmon Fav hens and wondering where to go from here!!!

Thanks

Does anyone have any tips for breeding these beauties... I think I am going to have to start with some sort of light sussex fav cross... Does anyone know the dominant traits (I'm hoping its colombian neck and fluffy feet/muff/5 toes). Any idea if it should be the mum or dad that is the sussex? I have a flock of Salmon Fav hens and wondering where to go from here!!!

Thanks

if I remember correctly the Salmon Fav. is wheaton based, you could use Light Sussex, Light Brahma, Columbian Wyandotte, or Bantam Columbian Cochin.
Use the Columbian Patterned male and all the females that hatch will be Columbian (Light) in pattern. There is often some bleed through of the light brown body color but not too bad.
Males from the cross will be primarily columbian in color and pattern but have some flaws, from there take one of the cockrells back to the Fav. Hen. to strengthen the type, feather, and toes you are looking for about 1/2 the pullets will be columbian patterned.
You will also want a second pen of F1xF1 for a columbian patterened cockrell to place over the columbian patterned pullets from teh Back cross.
here is a photo of an F1 female from a columbian male over wheaton female.

And a cockrell.

Thanks
Did you ever have any success with the Ermine Faverolles?

Did you ever have any success with the Ermine Faverolles?
The original poster isn't even a member here anymore so you won't get any replies from them. If you're interested in Ermine Faverolles, I'd suggest making your own thread to see if you can find someone to help you.

Back
Top Bottom