escapees

Quote:
This time it was during the night. yesterday was during the day.
someone is always home.
My next night off(night worker) I'm gonna stay up and spy and i think set up the cam.

Quote:
There is no top right now, not sure if I will put one on.
Ones a pekin, I don't think she could fly if her life depended on it. The other is an indian runner, with no real wings to speak of.

I know Docs wings really grew when she feathered out...D'artagnan is fully feathered, but still has what I call the little chicken wings.

ok .and again. Idiot neighbor is at work so don't think i can blame him...
30 mins. Thats it. I put them back, went in the house, had breakfast, went back out and they were playing in the shed by the chickens.
I added more bricks. I added boards. I have fort freakin knox, attempting to contain Houdini and company.
can ducks be tethered with a chain like dogs(I'm kidding...I don't even do that to my dogs)?
I'm so afraid Hannah our border collie will get them and hurt them, she has killed one chicken. She was out there when I checked on the ducks this time and found them out. She saw them, and walked away. I don't worry about my cat(who will be asleep on my bed with me all day), one of the ducks attacked him and he's afraid of them now.
As far as other predators...We really don't have anything other than flea carrying squirrels. There are a couple other strays in the area, but they avoid our yard, Panda has had encounters with all of them.
I'm about to throw as much of a tantrum as doc does. I'm frustrated.

Quote:
My neighbor is that much of a jerk.
He reported us for smoking pot, we got investigated and cleared. He has a meltdown if the sprinkler water touches the fence, I asked him how he manages to control mother nature.
He has a fit if anyone parks in front of his house. He built a 2nd illegal drive way that he has to drive over the curb to use. He built a wood ramp/step type thing because driving over the curb jarred his truck to much. City told him no go, removed the ramp told him not to use it. Now with that gone, people are parking in front of his house again haha.
He wants me to move my lilac bush thats on our side of the fence, and NOT hanging over on to his side, because his camper does kind of hang over the fence a bit(has an awning type thing that sticks out several inches) and hits my bush(bush is huge, more a tree, reaches up to the roof of our house). I'm frankly not worried about the bush. It's survived many different assaults. He doesn't want it to scratch his camper. I told him as long as he keeps his camper on his side of the fence then it won't scratch, because I ensure my tree is on my side.
He watches us through the cracks in the 10 ft fence between our yards, so I planted some already HUGE fast growing bamboo about 8"from the fence in my backyard...he threw a fit, cuz he can't see us anymore. We had planned on putting up some of those solid pre-made fence panels, but the city wouldn't give us a permit as there is already a fence on the property line.

until the pot incident, in order to keep the peace, we pretty much did what he asked. Moved the sprinkler, made sure our car wasn't any past the invisible property line he extends out to the street, even when far from it if he asked us to move we would.
Discussed the planting of the tree before we dug the hole and got his approval on the location(the lilac was given to me as a small thing in a bucket when I graduated nursing school 12 yrs ago, it's been at my parents till now).
We tried to be good neighbors, and I'm not sure what happened to make him hate us.

after the pot incident though I decided no more. He can screw himself. He told us(it's never an ask) to move our car a couple weeks ago, I said no and slammed the door.
We had company that parked in front of his house, I didn't ask them to move.
He has drawn a line in the dirt of the roadside planter(the easement area in front of the houses) where his property line extends out and stops mowing at that line.
It's stupid petty things. I requested the neighborhood resource officer meet with us and him to try to resolve this, he refused.

After the pot thing I did file a complaint with his employer, the sheriff. They started an internal affairs review and have determined he is harassing us, and frequently using his position as a sheriffs employee in the process(comments such as I work for the sheriff, I can do this because of my work at the sheriff).
last time he demanded something from me I said "You know, I'm not one of your inmates you can demand things from. I was raised with please and thank you being the norm and I'm much more likely to agree to your unreasonable requests if you use them." then I slammed the door.
He's a corrections officer with the county jail, employed by the sheriffs office.

We refuse to move. I know he has said multiple times he is moving soon. I can only hope.

In the meantime...I just make sure things are in order at my house. My chickens are quiet, the ducks are not but are quieter than his monster trained attack dogs(according to him they are attack dogs).
I make sure my yard doesn't smell. I till the duck run every 1-2 days to keep the droppings and smell under control. I turn the dirt in the chicken run every 2-3 days.
I have fly traps x4 through out the runs.
I did have animal control out a week ago, again, who once again determined that my animals are well cared for, seem happy, and there is no odor. despite being "over limit" they said they aren't code enforcement but see no reason for them to contact them, as they are only there for animal welfare.
whew...sorry for the book...he just makes me so mad and I tend to rant a lot when it comes to him.
/rant

Now, see, this is the exact reason why I refuse to live in town. We live about a mile outside of town (admittedly a small town). I grew up in town and frankly, hated it. Too many nosy neighbors, and with the way the current council is running things, I'm very thankful that we no longer live in town. You can't beat country living.

Back
Top Bottom