Estes Hatchery

mtnhomechick

Songster
11 Years
Jun 27, 2008
Mountain Home, AR
Has anyone ever ordered from Estes Hatchery in Springfied Missouri?

Just wondering.....I bought some of their rainbow layers at the farm store and don't have a clue what three of them are. They are all the same breed.

I got some chicks from Estes, via our local Orscheln's. When I saw "rainbow layers' I thought that meant that they would lay green/blue eggs. BUT I learned a lesson!!! (you probably already know this) The rainbow layers are an assortment of whatever pullets that they wanted to get rid of. Some lay brown some lay white. I was so curious to know what I had gotten that I emailed pictures to the Estes website. A very nice lady named Judy identified them for me and what a bunch of suprises!!!

I got three Sicilian buttercups (the chicks are yellowy brown with dark spots on their heads and faces and they have brown chipmunk looking stripes on their backs. (white egg layers)
Two were Jersey White Giants. The chicks are big and yellowish grey and have willow collored legs. (brown egg layers)
One was a fluffy yellow chick she said was a White Rock and then there is a mystery chick. She's kind of colored like a barred rock chick, but has feathers down her legs.

You can email me and I'll send you pictures of them!

Well, sounds very interesting. I got mine at Orschelns too. The tag said brown egg layers. Who knows though. Mine are kind of yellowish with a vague grey strip down the back and whitish wings.. It's all kind of intermingled though. I only got 3 of them and truthfully it was because they were already about 10 days old. Figured they had a good start. The rest I knew were rsl and bo.

Wonder what I have....oh btw..they have yellow legs...not dark.

Can you guess?

I don't have a clue.

Thanks,

Mary

Can you post some pics?
jumpy.gif
love.gif
yippiechickie.gif
caf.gif

My chicks i get from Orchlens come from there all very hardy chicks,I just got 8 bantams doing great.
Post pics it would help us ID em better...

I've bought both black australorps and welsummers from them and was very happy with the quality of both. Estes Hatchery is a smaller family run business and you would be hard pressed to find people that work harder to please you.

Back
Top Bottom