Etiquette for buying at poultry show

There are usually areas set up for the sale birds. Many of the birds for sale are very nice birds. I take breeder quality birds to sell when I'm showing. Often times if a bird is for sale in the show area the exhibitor will place a note on the coop cage that the bird is for sale or you could connect with an exhibitor and make arrangements to buy birds from them as they may have more to sell but only brought so many to sell. Good luck...

Ok it’s so I’m on my way home from the show and I picked up two pairs of OEGB, each from different breeders. Would it be ok to have them in the same quarantine coop? Or will the roosters kill each other? They’re in separate boxes in the car. The coop is plenty big enough for all four but they don’t know each other

Ok it’s so I’m on my way home from the show and I picked up two pairs of OEGB, each from different breeders. Would it be ok to have them in the same quarantine coop? Or will the roosters kill each other? They’re in separate boxes in the car. The coop is plenty big enough for all four but they don’t know each other
Odds are those little guys are not going to get along well at all, especially since they never grew up with each other.

Ok so this is how we have it set up. One pair came with a clear plastic tote with holes so we put that up against the run. To see how that goes but we only really have the one quarantine coop.

This is supposedly a split blue-black OEGB cock and a blue hen.
D7EDD8C2-87CD-470E-8B20-60BDE9A97BFA.jpeg

9FD677F5-8F4C-48CA-9412-15999E0B7B37.jpeg

And this is supposedly a pair of blue splash OEGB.

5848EFC7-B224-45A5-AD90-97A4CC23AF89.jpeg

43826AA5-5C09-441F-9FDD-4F95E3048EA8.jpeg

I say supposedly because they do not look very similar lol. Combs etc

Ok so this is how we have it set up. One pair came with a clear plastic tote with holes so we put that up against the run. To see how that goes but we only really have the one quarantine coop.

This is supposedly a split blue-black OEGB cock and a blue hen.
View attachment 2926058
View attachment 2926064

And this is supposedly a pair of blue splash OEGB.

View attachment 2926060
View attachment 2926062

I say supposedly because they do not look very similar lol. Combs etc
The first male is dubbed which is necessary for show.
The first pair: the hen is actually lavender (called self blue in shows) and the cock is black split for lavender (since I’ll take the breeder’s word for it.)

Back
Top Bottom