Euruka

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by chickenlover210, Feb 25, 2008.

1. chickenlover210

chickenlover210 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 28, 2008
    the Usa
    I think I've got itt for a science project I will try to hatch some store bought eggs all I need to make is an incubator could someone help me with the incubator problem

2. Southern28Chick

Southern28Chick Flew The Coop

Apr 16, 2007
    I didn't think store bought eggs were fertilized since most factory farms don't keep roos. [​IMG]

3. Kaneke

Kaneke Chillin' With My Peeps

for the incubator, use the Search function and find MissPrissy's posts on the subject ... there are other nice plans on the forum and a bunch in the Learning Center too

4. K&H Chicken Farm

K&H Chicken Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2008
    Redding CA
    There are fertileized eggs for sall in stores. Safeways for one. Heath food stores are another. I just placed 48 eggs gotten for the heath food store labled Fertile eggs in my bactor. I read up on the gov. page on egg labling and to lable eggs Fertile you must have a least a 85% fertilzation rate.

Good luck on the project!

5. Southern28Chick

Southern28Chick Flew The Coop

Apr 16, 2007
    K&H Chicken Farm :

There are fertileized eggs for sall in stores. Safeways for one. Heath food stores are another. I just placed 48 eggs gotten for the heath food store labled Fertile eggs in my bactor. I read up on the gov. page on egg labling and to lable eggs Fertile you must have a least a 85% fertilzation rate.

Good luck on the project!

Didn't know that, thanks for the info.​

6. chickenlover210

chickenlover210 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 28, 2008
    the Usa
    I am almost ready very soon i will be buying the stuff i cant wait
    hoping it's going to be a good hatch:fl [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by