Evaluating Who Has the Reproductive Issue...

LOL!
It worked! Definitely not the young Pekin.
It worked? you did it put lipstick on your ducks vent? okay now we need pics.
tongue.png
pop.gif

Sorry no pics at the moment. But I will tell you eggsactly what I did! :)

Not lipstick, but the little bottles of cheap liquid food coloring. Because I've been working around in my kitchen, I happened to find blue & yellow tubes that I used. Of course, 2 colors meant I could only test 2 ladies. I did consider mixing to get a 3rd, but to be honest, the experience kind of freaked out the flock, so I just left well enough alone at 2.

Ok, so what I did was gently pick up the duck and sort of get myself into a seated/crouched position on milk crate. Then I flipped the duck over so her underbelly was exposed and I talked quietly to her and she actually was quite calm. Then I sort of tucked her head under my armpit, like a football. Then I located the vent, gently opening a tiny bit, and squirted a little coloring in. Then the next day I found the egg, streaked with blue. Now that duck was white, so she walked around with a blue bum for 2 days, but today after her bathing, the blue is pretty much gone. And the eggs I've collected yesterday & today have been pure white.

Now about the yellow: I didn't see a yellow egg. So either the yellow just wasn't as visible as the blue was and I missed it, or the duck that I gave the yellow drops to is the one with the issue. So now that time has passed, I will treat that duck again with the blue, since I know it works, and re- evaluate.

About the lipstick, I know from my own experience it seems like there are 2 kinds of lipstick: the kind that wears off really quickly and the stuff that is long wearing that is really waxy. I don't feel right about putting the waxy stuff there. And the glossy wear off stuff seems like it wouldn't last long enough to work, but I don't know, didn't try it.

Back
Top Bottom