Even MORE fun with Craigslist

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by michickenwrangler, Oct 26, 2010.

1. michickenwrangler

michickenwrangler To Finish Is To Win

Jun 8, 2008
    NE Michigan
    http://up.craigslist.org/grd/2025809296.html

Will
    trade 3 Hens/1 sterile Rooster FOR Ceramic Dinner Plate (Hancock)

I bought 3 hens at the auction in Houghton a few weeks ago. I had too much going on at the time to buy eggs from the local grocery store, and also don't like all the perservatives they put in those eggs. I decided to buy a couple hens myself. That was going good. Until I decided I needed a couple more chickens to produce enough eggs for my morning omelets. My oldest son doesn't visit me all that much anymore, and he used to make me the most superb omelets with feta cheese, some onions, and peppers. Anyway, I found a nice rooster to maybe help the hens create a few more chickens. He didn't do his job. I check on those eggs every day and they never result in a chicken. I don't have time for this, and my bedroom is becoming a smelly mess so I will trade all 3 hens, the sterile rooster, and any eggs that are available the day you come by FOR a ceramic dinner plate with fruit on the edges. Any kind of fruit will do. Please don't tell my children. They think I already have enough.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First of all, I didn't know that they put preservatives IN eggs

2nd, I'm not quite sure if she knows about the facts of life [​IMG]

3rd, why is her BEDROOM becoming a mess? [​IMG]

2. CATRAY44

CATRAY44 Lard Cookin Chicken Woman

This just made my day! How funny (and scary!) So.... are you going to trade your plate?

3. sheila3935

sheila3935 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    Stonington, illinois
    Ok I think shes a few card short of a deck [​IMG]

4. Ema

Ema Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2010
    N. Ontario CANADA
    that is a very strange add. LOL.....

5. bufforp89

bufforp89 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2009
    Chenango Forks NY
    Thats pretty funny. I always see colorful adds on craigslist. More often than not though CL just gets me in trouble. Right now there is an add for 12 free year old chickens, EEs and barred rocks in my town.......and just so happens I have a lonley rooster.

6. dutchhollow

dutchhollow Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2008
    SW IA
    OMG! She must think they will be formed in the egg when layed???? And she must be keeping them in her bedroom???

I do find the mispellings of breeds and other things funny on cl, but this poor woman must have some major issues going on (but stil funny)[​IMG]

7. mgw

mgw Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2010
    Eastern Wa.
    That is way to funny! You must answer that add.

8. turney31

turney31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2008
    palestine texas
    There was an ad on ours yesterday wanting to trade a barred rock rooster for a good bench grinder. [​IMG]

9. michickenwrangler

michickenwrangler To Finish Is To Win

Jun 8, 2008
    NE Michigan
    Quote:Well, for one thing she's up in da Keweenaw, the EXTREME north of Michigan, about 8 hours from me. For another, I don't have a ceramic plate with fruit to trade. For a third, DH said no more chickens this year. Also, what would I say to this poor woman without sounding like the men in white coats are coming? [​IMG]

10. herefordlovinglady

herefordlovinglady It Is What It Is

Jun 23, 2009
    Georgia
    someone needs to call her and put her straight on a few things, if i wasn't at work i would do so. poor thing -- I guess it would be better to say: Bless Her Heart!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by