Evening Coop Drama with 11 hens

Close quarters causes attitude issues. I'd rehome or expand. 5 x 3 = 15 sq feet

20 chickens need more like 80 sqft of shelter.
Wow! You actually think 20 chickens would fit in there?? :th Let alone 11!

That coop is probably good for 2-4 birds.
So the entire space says it will hold 20 chickens - I was not making it up.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-10-03 at 3.21.34 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-10-03 at 3.21.34 PM.png
    401.1 KB · Views: 15
It looks like your coop has a storage area on the other side of that HWC wall in your photo - is that area secure from predators? If so, how large is it and could you open that wall up to expand the space available to them?

I'd have a hard time getting rid of any of my chickens, and I'm sure that coop was not cheap, so I think you probably want to be looking for ways to expand your available space within what you have now.

It looks like your coop has a storage area on the other side of that HWC wall in your photo - is that area secure from predators? If so, how large is it and could you open that wall up to expand the space available to them?

I'd have a hard time getting rid of any of my chickens, and I'm sure that coop was not cheap, so I think you probably want to be looking for ways to expand your available space within what you have now.
i totally think thats a great idear!!!!!!!!!

we were all new once. :DDDD unless u grew up with chickens
A very good point. When I was a kid there we didn't have the option of prefab coops, just had the books you buy at the farm stores or check out from the library. Internet was around but not widely used to buy things or research information until I was a young teen.

I feel like sometimes it's easier to fing d misinformation than it is to find valuable information.

Back
Top Bottom